Tuesday 1 March 2016

Impact of the February Challenge

Okay, so I know I said the blog posts would probably go to weekly after we finished.  Well, things are still happening, so, as long as I have time, I'll try to post things as they come up.  At least now, though, the deadline pressure is off!

I mentioned a while ago that, if someone had told Mom (Marilyn) last summer that she would start walking in January and rack up nearly 30 km by the end of February, she would have said, "I scoff in your general direction."  [Sorry, Mom].  She has had a very interesting and profound experience since New Year, and it is best for you to hear it in her own words:

The Fitness Challenge has been an amazing and beneficial experience for me. It has set off a chain of events that I would never have imagined. Increased walking has led to less stiffness, which has given me better mobility and more stamina, resulting in a better appetite and a considerable weight gain, (a good thing, in my case! ) An added side benefit - just learning how to use the blog has increased my self confidence on the computer! Knowing that others were challenging themselves too, made it fun, and comparing notes with others was encouraging. Thank you, Richard and David, for the idea itself, for setting up the blog, and for keeping us all on task in such a positive way. I, for one, do not intend to stop just because February's come to an end. I plan to keep on walking and see how far I can "travel" by the end of the year. It's good to feel good! Mom/Marilyn

No comments: