Thursday 23 February 2017

Day 23: What's Next... Goal Setting?

Here we are 3/4 of the way into the challenge and I'm feeling good about it. I am finding it a bit easier this year to stay motivated, partially due to using the 7 Minute Workout app. It helps automate the routine a bit and allows for consistency. I'm finding that I can do this plus add in other specific muscle group exercises as time allows and as I am looking for more reps to top up my count for the day. My goal is about 300 to 400 reps per day of various exercises, so I'm on target for the end of the month and feeling good. On top of the 7MW app I have been able to get out on the cross country skis a few times and also played two hockey games last night (moving a little slow today though, I might add!). I have added in an assigned value of reps for these exercises, but after the way I am feeling today, I may have underestimated the intensity of the work out that I got. Age may have something to do with that though.... I'm no spring chicken .... 45 years young!

Overall I am feeling great, seeing results and motivated to set some goals for next month.... I'm learning that if I want results that I need to set some goals.... Such an easy concept but not always easy to put into practice. I will be thinking about that now over the next 9 days, so I'm ready for next month.



Guest Blogger: Ron Parrish

No comments: