Monday 15 February 2016

Special News Bulletin! Grandma Reaches the Border!

At 5:50pm this afternoon, two of the cellphones at our house chimed.  It was an email from Marilyn, our former Honorary Fitness Mentor (she has been doing a virtual walk the length of the hallway in her residence in Moosomin).  Here's what she said:

Hi, Everyone, I just wanted to let everybody know that I have "arrived" in Manitoba! I crossed the border at 4.30 p.m. this afternoon. Yahoo!  So now for the next few weeks I'll be trudging along the #1 highway on my way to Elkhorn....This is much more fun than kettlebells. Love, Mom

By my reckoning, that is almost 20km!  Interesting sidebar:  this weekend, she told me that she felt good enough after her "lap" that she went and did another half-lap on top of it!  She is feeling significantly better and plans to do 1 1/2 laps each time out now.

1 comment:

Tana said...

Congratulations Marilyn - so proud of you!